To best describe SHOW AND RECOVER Let`s assume that the players are on the offensive right side of the floor. The defensive players man now screens the man guarding the ball.
1. Defensive player guarding the screener should yell out "screen right,screen right" (screen coming from the on ball defenders right side)to alert the on-ball defender
2. The player guarding the ball must "belly up" to the dribbler by playing a little tighter and moving to get in position to get over the top of the screen.
3. The player guarding the picker steps out with the right foot forward, remaining in contact with his/her man (with the left hand). This may slow down the dribbler and create just enough space for the player guarding the dribbler to fight over the top.
4. As the picker rolls to the basket so does the player guarding him/her. The defender should drop the right foot and roll open to the ball just like the offense does. The defense is now in a full front position to stop the player rolling to the basket in the "RED ZONE".
5. The other 3 defensive teammates must play good off-ball defense and be in position to provide the appropriate support if one of the defenders involved in the Pick and Roll are temporarily out of position.
Shutting down an attempted Pick and Roll normally results in an offensive breakdown with players out of position and cause the offense the need to reset or can create a turnover. These techniques should be practiced by the team on a regular basis.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.